Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday Celebrations

On Christmas Eve, I had the pleasure of eating a fusion of delicous Western and Eastern cuisine. As you can see from the picture below, we basically had a feast! The feast included: deviled eggs, macaroni salad, Shanghai roast duck, dumplings, miniature spring rolls, pickles, a vegetable platter, a cheese platter with French bread, miniature donuts, rice krispies (my fav), gingerbread and shortbread cookies, and, of course, an assortment of wines.

Today, a few of my colleagues decided to surprise me with a Christmas Day KTV outing. The KTV place we went to is a chain establishment called Party World; it's not as tacky as it sounds...quite elegant, actually. Once the singing commenced, I was "kindly encouraged" to sing James Blunt's "You're Beautiful," Backstreet Boys' "As Long As You Love Me," etc. Then, among the few Chinese songs that I know (i.e. 老鼠爱大米...the direct translation is "Mouse Loves Big Rice"), it didn't help that all the subtitles were in traditional characters. Nevertheless, I had a wonderful, wonderful time and am incredibly grateful for my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my this is a beautiful repast. So glad your friends are taking care of you.

    ReplyDelete